Read these 2 Scrapbooking Classes Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Scrapbook tips and hundreds of other topics.
Scrapbooking can preserve those once-in-a-lifetime memories through themed picture albums. You can hold on to these keepsakes for yourself or give them as a fantastic and treasured gift. If you have creative children that like hands-on arts and crafts, consider enrolling them in a scrapbooking class. Here are some tips for engaging and indulging your child's creative side.
1. Look to crafts stores - The chances are high that you have an arts and crafts store somewhere in your local area. If you do, you can ask about the scrapbooking classes that the store may offer kids. Call, look online, or visit in person to sign your child up for the class.
2. Try an online course - If you want to keep this hobby among the family, you can always learn plenty of new tricks and techniques online. Many websites and even courses exist to expand your scrapbooking knowledge.
3. Find a club - You may even find a hobbyist club in your area. You can use online searches, social media, and the newspaper to find these groups near you. This way, your child can learn a new hobby and make friends at the same time.
4. Create your own club - If the interest is high enough, you can of course create your own club. You can decide to host scrapbooking classes out of your home or you can rent a space. Your children can invite their friends and classmates to join.
Scrapbooking classes can be a lot of fun. Not only do you get to learn new tips and techniques, but you also get to make new friends and catch up on your scrapbooking. However, the key to having a blast at a scrapbooking class is finding the right class for you. Here are three things to consider.
1. What You Want to Learn
Not all scrapbooking classes teach the same concepts. Start by figuring out what you would like to learn more about. You may want to learn basic scrapbooking tips and tricks or you may prefer to learn advanced photography for scrapbookers.
2. What Classes are Available
You will also want to consider which classes are even available to you. There are several places where you can find scrapbooking classes. See if your local scrapbooking store, community center or community college might be offering classes. If you cannot find the type of class you are looking for at a location near you, you can always look on the Internet for online classes and tutorials.
3. Which Style You Admire
Scrapbookers are a creative bunch, and all scrapbookers have their own unique style. When looking for a class, consider the style of the person teaching it and try to find a teacher whose style is similar to yours or whose style you admire.
Scrapbook classes are always fun no matter which one you attend, but you will get the most out of it if you find the one that is right for you.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|