Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Scrapbook Paper and other Scrapbook topics.
Scrapbook pages don't have to be fancy or time-consuming, simplicity is just as attractive. You can use patterned scrapbook paper to achieve an appealing page layout in just a few minutes.
Here are some suggestions for accenting your page layouts with patterned scrapbook paper:
1. Cover your patterned scrapbook paper with a piece of vellum or a transparency to make your 12 x 12 scrapbook paper unique. You can add a soft, subtle background to your page by covering some baby scrapbook paper with a piece of vellum.
2. Cut out accents, like shapes or letters, using patterned scrapbook paper to add a splash of texture and color to your pages. Use baseball scrapbook paper to spell out “home run” on your baseball-themed layouts.
3. Cut or tear your patterned scrapbook paper into large shapes to make a distinctive background. The shapes don't have to be an object; just start cutting in any direction and see what you come up with. Try cutting a long, curvy shape that covers the top or bottom half of the page. Use your imagination and see where it takes you.
4. Use your patterned scrapbook paper for photo mats. Make sure the mat is ¼ “ to ½ “ larger than your picture so the pattern will make your photo stand out on the page.
5. Buy coordinating papers so your color schemes match exactly. Match your patterned scrapbook paper with your cardstock. Buy the same brand of papers like Karen Foster Design; this will ensure that the colors match exactly. Make sure your patterns compliment your cardstock.
Pattern scrapbook paper can accent your layouts in many ways. Use the paper to create exclusive designs and don't be afraid to experiment with different techniques.