Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Getting Started with Scrapbooking. and other Scrapbook topics.
Scrapbooking for beginners should include simple page layouts.
Here are step-by-step instructions for constructing an easy scrapbooking page layout.
· Select 1 or 2 pictures for your page.
· Pick out 2 or 3 colors of scrapbooking paper that match and accent each other and your photos.
· Plan your page by using elements that balance each other.
· Add your “Title” or “Header” to your page.
· Now crop your photos, by removing unwanted backgrounds and unnecessary space.
· Create photo mats and choose your embellishments.
· Use your adhesive to glue your photos and accents on your page.
· Leave room for journaling.
· Finally do your journaling. Record your feelings and tell your story.
Creating a simple, yet appealing page layouts will assist beginners in starting out on “the right foot.” As you become more experienced you can attempt to create more complex designs.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|