Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Getting Started with Scrapbooking. and other Scrapbook topics.
Scrapbooking can get expensive and there are so many supplies and items to choose from you can quickly spin “out of control.”
Here are some tips to keep you on track and save yourself some money.
1) You don't need every new tool. Scrapbooking is constantly growing, and if you try to keep up with every new item, your checkbook will suffer the consequences. Sit down and come up with a list of items you must have (for example paper, some type of adhesive, etc.) and a list of items that you want to have, then go from there as your budget permits.
2) Share supplies. If you have even just one other friend who scraps, you can double your access to scrapbooking tools. For example, if you or your friend goes shopping, she can buy one punch and you can buy a different one. You can also do this with scissors, stamps, eyelets and other accessories.
3) Keep your layouts simple. Consider using mostly solid colored papers and cardstock, instead of pattern papers and avoid using stickers (which can be costly).
4) Create your own templates. Instead of buying templates, you can create your own on plastic lids or use craft punch cut outs.
5). If you have Internet access, you have a wealth of information available to you for free. For example, there are many websites, which have ideas for titles for your pages or even poems, so there is no need for you to purchase books that offer these. There are also many sites online that have fonts you can download for free, which can help you add variety to your pages. There are so many layout ideas available online you don't need to purchase idea books either.
6) Swap your extras. If you have extra paper because you purchased too much or maybe a large selection of die cuts, consider swapping them with someone who might have something you could use.
7) Wait for special coupons. In many areas they have crafts store, which occasionally put out 40% off coupons. Wait for these coupons and then go and buy something on your wish list that you could not otherwise afford.
By using these money-saving suggestions you can cut down on your expenses, but still enjoy your scrapbooking hobby.